The Gottesman Libraries provide access to a number of electronic resources, including extensive collections of Databases and E-Journals, which are accessible from the top page of the website and through EDUCAT+.
A number of other electronic formats, including audio and video materials, are included in PocketKnowledge, the library's online archive, which also incorporates digitized images from the College's art collections, for which the library serves as a physical as well as a digital repository.
In addition, a comprehensive listing of electronic resources of all kinds available through the Columbia University Libraries (CUL) can be found on its website's E-Resources page.
The Columbia University E-Resources page provides links to the listings of:
- E-Books: Collections of full-text books like Books 24x7, Early English Books Online, and NetLibrary.
- E-News: News resources such as LexisNexis and Factiva, and links to local, national, and international newspapers.
- E-Images: Image databases such as the Columbia Image Bank: History of Art & Architecture, American Memory, and ARTstor.
- E-Music and Sound Collections: Online sound recording collections such as the Classical Music Library, Naxos Music Library, and Smithsonian Global Sound.
- Data/GIS: Numeric and geo-spatial data suitable for those interested in using either statistical or GIS (geographic information systems) software.
Other local e-resource collections include the CU Libraries' Academic Commons, Digital Collections and Exhibitions, and Subject Guides, as well as a gathering of Web Search Tools.