The Gottesman Libraries maintains an art collection for research purposes. Patrons who seek reproductions of artworks should be directed to the digital collection in PocketKnowledge (PK).
Obtaining and Printing Images:
(1) Find the corresponding item in PocketKnowledge (as opposed to the "Viewer"). Go to pk.tc.columbia.edu and search for the image's title.
(2) Download the desired file on these pages (PocketKnowledge includes the highest-resolution image available).
(3) Determine the optimal print size. The image may also benefit from manipulation prior to printing.
(4) We recommend the Columbia University print shop (located at the journalism school) for large-format printing.
(5) Find a local framer. In the past, Jack's Art Gallery (on Broadway & 111th St) has been very helpful.